Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blank Canvas

Sitting with my hair wet in a towel, just primed a canvas with Gesso waiting for it to dry. Thinking to myself as the shine goes matte....ooohhh the possibilities. THIS will be the one I love. This will be better than the last. This one, will be one to share with the world because I will feel so incredibly proud of it when I am done. But wait....I know myself slightly better than that. Despite all the images of work shared, there are so many unshared and that my friends is because I am after all my own worst critic...but the feeling of a blank canvas...a playground for color and texture and technique and exploration...its like nothing else and if no one ever sees it, if no one ever likes it, even if I hate it...I satisfied my soul by trying to create something. That really is enough for me. Not all that I want but enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. "if no one ever sees it, if no one ever likes it, even if I hate it...I satisfied my soul by trying to create something"
    I heart this sentiment times a million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel and thanks for commenting it gets kind of lonely around here lol This blog is new and I appreciate anyone taking time to read and make a comment.
      Thanks <3

      Delete