Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today

One grande toffee-nut latte from Starbucks = $3.85.One meeting for coffee at Starbucks with a dear friend you don't get to see often= PRICELESS.

Thoughts of the morning:

I really am blessed for the people I have in my life. Thank God for friends we can relate to and spend time with and when the visit is over, the feeling of reflecting back on the visit and saying to yourself, it was so awesome to see her/ him.

My sister mentioned something about wanting to start a journaling group. I have for some time now wanted to do the same but also, taking that a step further, would like to travel to different coffee houses and journal / write. People watch and write about the characters I see in strangers. Odd..well that is why this blog is called "peculiar me". I really have started this year out with a much more doing approach to things than dreaming about or wishing for approach so this may very well be in the works...
Looking forward to this work night tonight ending. Thursday evenings are kinda like Fridays for me. I am looking forward to this weekend. Making art....possibly going somewhere I have not been before to take photos. 

And for my Starbucks coffee date today, thanks! It was so great to see you and thank you for being a friend who would drive 40 minutes to meet me for coffee. Sometimes that happens in life, just at a time when you need to know someone would drive 40 minutes to have coffee with you. :)

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. "
C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment