Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank you Lisa...

A short post before I headed to work ...it seems there is never enough time in a day but my new friend here on blogger has reminded me to take a moment and remember the ones we love. The ones we have lost and to never ever forget how precious life is. Thank you for that Lisa...it is not that I ever forget, but life gets so busy.
I lost my grandparents on my mother side as a teenager... the only grandparents I knew for my father was adopted and I only met his foster mother once when I was about 7 years old. My grandparents on my mothers side were the most amazing people. The hardships they had in their lives...the hard work they endured to make a living...and the christians they were is inspiring. I'd give anything to have reached my adult life and still have them around. So many questions I would have loved to ask them, so many stories I would love to hear...Remembering you today Mamaw and Papaw Ware.

Franklin Herley & Dovie Ware

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your Mamaw and Papaw. They look like such sweet people.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were Lisa...thanks for sharing your story with me. It is after all what encouraged me to pay some homage to mine! I miss them so very much...I'd give anything to have had them here in my adult life...as a kid / teenager you dont know the value of grandparents. While I always loved and respected them...you just don't know until you are a parent or adult yourself! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete