You read that correctly! YOU are invited to join my first ever post card mail art swap!
Here is how it will work...get a pen and jot this down.
- Leave me a comment on this post indicating that you would like to join the swap.
- Second: Make sure to include an email address that you check on a regular basis so that I am able to contact you!
- Create any type of artistic postcard, in any medium you like, and it can even be any shape you like as long as it falls within the guidelines of 8x6. This can include photography, painting of any sort, sketching, doodles, oil pastels, poetry, writing, collage, mixed media arts, typography...the possibilities really are endless!
- Postcards must fit into a 8X6in. square.
- Be sure to include your "artistic" info such as your blog url, art name, email contact that you feel comfortable with.
- So that no one feels strange about putting their home addresses or post office box snail mail information on the net..anyone who signs up here with a comment and leaves me an email address will be contacted by me to get your mailing information and to give you mine for submission.
- All postcards will be mailed directly to me in a large envelope with a self addressed stamped envelope that will be used to mail your swap! If any of you have a better idea for how to do this... it is my first time having a swap I'd be happy to hear your suggestions! I personally like the character mail art gets from being mailed through the snail mail...postage stamps..rain..transporting...in my opinion it adds character but if you would prefer to protect yours please indicate that when you mail it!
- All post cards will need to be mailed to by no later than August 17th, 2012. That should be ample time to create a cool artistic post card!
If you have never made mail art and are interested or if you are not interested but curious...here are a couple of books that I own and find inspiring ..
Good Mail Day is exceptional! Some pretty amazing stuff in this one folks,
regardless of your medium!
Thick large book with wonderful images of illustrated and collaged
If you would like some online info about mail art here are some links that will assist you and don't forget its always helpful to Google/ image search to see what others are doing, get ideas and be inspired!
The above link is a you tube video of a woman making a mail art envelope please note we are doing 6x8 postards but she is wonderful at this and it gives you some ideas of what you can do to yours. IF you would like to decorate the envelopes you send your postcards in well that would be WONDERFUL for me! I love it all!
Hopefully the links here were helpful to you all and you are inspired and want to join in the fun!
Feel free to do your own searches...you would be amazed at what you can find out there!
Hope to hear from you guys!
PLEASE NOTE: ALL WORKS MUST BE ORIGIONAL AND NOT PHOTOCOPIES OR PURCHASED POSTCARDS. IF THIS RULE IS BROKEN YOU WILL ONLY RECEIVE YOU OWN POSTCARD BACK! THANK YOU!