Having a blast tonight with these cuties..I went nuts..had a whole bag of clothes pins and wanted to make some sort of hanging art / inspiration device..and found these on pinterest..I nailed it! Their so easy to make.
In case you want to give it a go there really are no rules I found tons of images of different uses for these as well as designs and materials used. For the ones I am going to show you I used the following supplies:
- Gesso or white paint
- acrylic paints various brands colors
- glue and gel medium..even a cheap glue stick will work ..I'm just ocd about glue.
- scraps of scrap booking paper, free color swatches from stores..you will see further down..
- Washi tape..this ended up being my favorite supply for these it works wonderful
- stamp pads
- rubber stamps...I like to use the cheap 1.00 ones from various stores in case I apply paint and other supplies so if they get ruined or yucked up as I call it they can be replaced inexpensively
- wooden clothes pins...super cheap you can find these at the dollar store
These can be used to hang Christmas cards...photos..keep paper and letters organized..add to a journal anything anything..
|Had lots of fun with these...|
|Washi Tape worked great..can be simple or more complex|
|Acrylic painted ones were slightly messy to make...but love them too.. a bit more vintage|
|As noted...you can use these for various things|
|Rubber stamps and ink work best on ones with paper...painted ones need time to dry|
|love this one!|
|Just old scraps ..people always ask why I keep small scraps...ahem...|
|Cheap glue sticks work fine but if you want them last, seal with gel medium like I did|
|Apply washi tape while still on roll if you can ..for accuracy|
|these color swatches are free in Home Depot, Walmart, Meijer and others..:) gotta love free!|
|Cute for holding Christmas cards..Christmas lists..or even for trees..if that's your gig?|
Noe off to work on tags and a paper machet heart..will share at some point hope you enjoyed these..give them a try their fun! Even small children can make these and they can be done cheap, and with little mess...unless you are me...YIKES!