Friday, November 09, 2012

New Art & Weekend Bliss!

It is Friday and ooohhhh how thankful I am that it is! 
Worked last night until 8:30pm and then came home to continue our Fall (Spring) cleaning..had a ton of things for Purple Heart this morning and that is always nice..to be able to give things to those who most need some help..they come right to the door if you have things to get rid of please consider donating before the dumpster pals...
NEW digital art..I am really happy with this one it is titled "Winter Solitude" created from a short poem I found..I mentioned here that I have bouts of seasonal depression...its beautiful outside today however...but winter is creeping up behind us friends..I sometimes have refereed to winter as the "keeper of gloom" a term I got from an old GREAT Le Zepplin song called the Rain Song..
And so here it is...
Created in total from brushes and shapes in Photoshop..Adobe I have a true love affair with you..
MUAH to the creator of Photoshop...
And so..this weekend is greatly welcomed..its been a long week...I worked on this Winter Solitude piece just here and there before and after work for 10-15 minutes at a time until I got it right where I wanted it...
last night as I mentioned I got off work at 8:30 and then came home and went through all of my art supplies and re-organized..seems to be a process that has to take place several times a year..things just get put off with crazy work schedules...the cabinet you will see in these images are one of my most prized possessions given to me by my mother who it was given to from her old German lady friend that use to live next door to her. This cabinet has had some miles and days put on it..wish the origional backing was stillon it but it use to hold all of my art history / art in general books..and it was over packed with them believe me...we have shifted many things and this is now my art supply cabinet. We shall see how it works. Here are some photos..those of you who are fortunate enough to have an art studio even if it is just an extra small room in your home count your blessings..I am very limited in space..
It never stays this organized for long..if you are an artist you know what i mean


paints and such...


one of my inspiration boards :) all kinds a' goodies!

And so...this weekend will be full of some relaxing before i crazy shift change next week that will take me from 7 years of closing to two weeks of opening...this is a double edge sword really...Im a night owl that will take some getting use to however, it will be really nice to have dinner at night before 9pm!! A wedding shoot Saturday next week...so this weekend is nothing but comfy clothes..art supplies..mail art projects...sorting and swapping out all of these beautiful ATC's to get out to you all next week! YAY right!? Yes...I hope you all have a great weekend...listen to good music..drink coffee..breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment