Sunday, November 04, 2012

On My Table

Broke out my pens today and sketch pad..I have to say..my first love and the place I first realized hey I maybe could so this was with drawing..its my first love..but my hands get so bad with the carpal tunnel and I'm left handed so days like today when I am doing fine line detail work like the lotus flowers below..it gets pretty bad and I have to force myself to stop...
I've been doing so many ATC's lately and working on more mixed media art projects that I was fearful my drawing skills were being lost along the way...many projects to come..some mixed media...some mail art...some sewing and some drawing...:) Here is a peak into my sketchbook today..most of time these types of work lead to larger works of art or digital things..we shall see.

Lotus..black Bic ballpoint, black LaPen and Red LaPen, #2 pencil~ Not complete...

She got a bit sloppy with my hand giving me a hard time but I like her..she is growing on me :)
I hope you all are had a good weekend. VERY happy we gained an hour! However..it just seems awfully late right now for some reason..Going to get work clothes in the laundry..a fresh cup of coffee and then back to the art table...

Karenann Young ~ If you see this..Thinking about you friend..hearts and hugs!

2 comments:

  1. "FANTASTIC!"
    Lov'in the illustrations, my friend. :]
    You know, I adore those ruby red lips...
    Take care ~xx

    ReplyDelete