Thursday, May 16, 2013

A good day!

Hello friends..Sun shine on you today? Boy I sure hope so...it was beautiful here today near 80 degrees and sunny...all things are in bloom...and me too! Such good news came to me today...fearful to share it but the kind of news that can be life altering in the best kinds of ways!! I really would love to share but think...Don't count chickens before they hatch...let's just say..I did a happy dance for the most part of the day :) Sometimes my hope dims, and I wonder if all these speeches I have given to loved ones, my kids, friends and colleagues over time..that speech about how hard work always pays off and never give up was all for naught and simply part of my gift of encouragement and support to people I love! Well friends..I am here to tell you that there IS  a bigger plan for us all. Those plans sometimes come on the most unexpected ways..and tend to come just at a time when all hope is plummeting..into thee abyss of eternal stench...and BAM! Just like that the universe turns it all around and throws you a bone...let's just say this is a way bigger bone that I thought the universe had in store for me! YAY! Excited ...and nervous...that kind of nervous that makes you slightly sick to your stomach...the kind of nervous that leaves you with sweaty palms for hours on end.

I got home today and called my family...got to speak to my favorite person in this world my oldest brother Bill. He is so wise...and when I am in need of his knowledge...it is there for me and I love him so very much. In the words of my big brother...the one who has always believed in me, always seemed to overestimate my abilities ...more belief in me than I have had in myself gave me the best advice ever today...and a quote that will be used with his name attached for a long time to come. Tonight I put on my desktop background to help remind me over the next week...these words...that ring so true...bring a tear to my eye...and settle my nerves:

 Ya...right?! I love him so much...
He also revealed some things to me that had been looming in the back of my mind bothering me for weeks..and needing closure..long story made short..it's good to know who is there..
and who never was. 
Food for thought:
"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of FALSE FRIENDS to appreciate beauty, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. 
This is to have succeeded" 
Ralph Emerson

 False friends are like our shadow...
keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us when we cross into the shade.
Author unknown

Here are some cute little tags I worked on last night and tonight...not masterpieces, nor done by any means but cute and fun! Simple work to take my mind off things...and so it is..a few characters that will be surfacing in various ways...say hello to Twinkle The Stargazer...Mindy Moongirl and Cleo The Color Lover! More to come...
 New collage in the works...
 
 My messy process

Not much but enough to keep me going...
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment