Saturday, June 29, 2013

Early Saturday Morning

Funny..I use to post early Saturday morning because I was a night owl and stayed up that late now I am up every morning at 450...its a good thing really love having an entire day ahead of me loaded with endless possibilities.
How are you all? Hope your world is spinning in the right direction. 
For a few different reasons, I wasn't posting a lot about that big news I mentioned last time I posted. Well now I can tell ya! I resigned from Baker College after close to ten years of employment there and have found my dream job!! I am going into my third week of employment with an amazing company called Tweddle Group! Here is a link to their website: http://tweddle.com/ .  I do not believe I have ever been so happy in a place of employment......ever. I am treated with 100% respect. I am enjoying the training though some of the information (masses and masses of information) is a bit overwhelming but I am I am learning so much and catching on a little more by the day! My new title is Technical Author and I work for the Nissan team...we create Owner's manuals and quick reference guides for new automobile owners. You know those packages you get in the glove box or trunk when you buy a new car? Ya me either lol Have never owned a brand new car in my life but that possibility is looking more real these days...well that is what we do we make the things that go into those packages. The company and its history is rather incredible! Be sure to check out that link. VERY HAPPY! Love my team, love the company, love the environment there..Still adjusting to the new hours and its getting easier each week. Don't get me wrong I'm exhausted but its worth the hard work and dedication. It is nice after ten years of getting home from work well after dark most days, to get out of work and still have a little time in the day. Anyone who knows me knows that I use to make pots of coffee at 10pm to work on art half the night but I am in bed by 10 these days lol
ART...my art is not on a back burner per say...my soul will always call for my art and photography...just gotta find my happy place with time and the weekends seem to be a lot of catching up on those things lately. It is nice to be able to bring my Graphic Design background into my new work as well and be able to make a contribution with it to my team and the company and there are many creative people working for Tweddle. There are graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, all sorts of creative goodness! And so this is whats been going on in my life as of lately.
Today...I am up, showered, having my first cup of coffee which is glorious by the way...have a little bit of work to do from home today and a trip to the post office is in order with a few other errands and then the rest of tonight and all day tomorrow loaded with artistic pursuit. Some mail art to get to that's pressing...some international artful packages to get in the mail...some ACT's for my art group..some letter writing and that is where the weekend is headed. I hope yours is heading to a good place and that you are enjoying the summer. Been raining a lot here and hope that slows down or stops! A week from today out at DTE will be enjoying the fantastic rock n roll of The Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty. Really looking forward to that! Going with my great friend Jennifer Watt and her son along with Don. This will be my eight or ninth time seeing The Goo Goo Dolls...love those Goo's...they are much like wine or good whiskey. They just get better and better with time. Their new album is amazing and cant wait to rock along to it LIVE! If you havent heard it or if you have been under a rock for the last oh 20 years lol here is a link to their website and their new record! AMAZING...really...of them all this is one of my favorites thus far!
And ..

Couple of my very favorites off this new one...though..I gotta say...and with all honesty the entire cd is excellent!! Rare that happens these days right? True story...


And a few I hope they play from Goo past....this first one below I have not gotten to see live all of the times that I have seen them live and I love this song!!
Another good one but cant seem to find a good link to it is Slow It Down on this CD...love love love it!! Great tune...

Man I love that song...
and the first that made me love this band from the beginning! First song I ever loved by the Goo Goo Dolls...

Blood pumpin good rock n roll...:) and that concludes this trip through Goo memory lane...
peace out friends...hope you enjoyed the good rock n roll I provided here for ya today lol Go buy the CD...and HEY...so what. Shut up and rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment